"My vision for the Mornington Peninsula is to value, protect and enhance the characteristics and lifestyle
that makes the Mornington Peninsula a very special place for our community to live, work and enjoy their recreation."
It's Our Peninsula. Our Way of Life
- Improvements to our roads, footpaths & pedestrian crossings.
- Covid-19 Recovery Package & Financial Hardship assistance for ratepayers and business across the Peninsula
- Construction of Mornington Peninsula Freeway overpass at JettyRoad
- improvement to traffic and road safety conditions.
- Investigate classification of Mornington Peninsula to Regional status.
- A Performing Arts & Culture Precinct on the southern Peninsula
- The relocation and upgrade of youth hub in Rosebud
- Better public transport services and connections
- Sound Barriers Dromana to Rosebud;
- Community safety, health and wellbeing initiatives
- AdvancedWaste Management Technology and Food Organics & Garden Organics (FOGO
- Carbon neutral and energy efficient initiatives for the Shire
- Improvement to Open public spaces for recreation & events
- Completion of the Peninsula Bay Trail links.
- Upgrade to Skate Park in Rosebud
- Upgrade of sports pavilions & recreation reserves across the Seawinds Ward
- Implementation of the Safety Beach Foreshore Masterplan with upgrades to facilities at Tassels Cove Carpark & Foreshore.
- Development of the Rosebud Central Activity Node Plan
- A new pier in Dromana
- Implementation Hillview Reserve plan for nature based playground
- Upgrade of community buildings across the Seawinds Ward
- Social welfare issues for the disadvantaged, marginalised and homeless members of our community.
- Advocate for Affordable and Crisis Housing for homeless
- Support for improved library services and facilities.
- Learning and employment opportunities for young people
- Economic development strategies for local traders, agricultural producers and tourism operators
- Protecting the Green Wedge & Tootgarook Wetlands
- Enforcing planning controls to avoid inappropriate buildings in our townships and maintain neighbourhood character.
- The construction of the Aquatic Centre in Rosebud (Yawa)
- Adoption of the Shire's Arts and Culture Plan 2020-2024
- Tootgarook Wetlands Management and Implementation Plan
- Compulsory Acquisition of 30 hectares of the Tootgarook Wetland in Capel Sound.
- Trust for Nature Covenant placed on Tootgarook Wetlands title.
- Reduction in user fees for community groups, charities and NFP’s for public hall and facility hire
- New Building for the Woodworkers of the Southern Peninsula and relocation of the Southern Peninsula Amateur Radio Club
- Men’s Shed for Rosebud and Dromana
- Upgrade to Maternal & Child Health Centre
- Upgrade to Preschool Dromana
- Upgrades to Sports Pavilion at Olympic Park, Rosebud
- Works at Truemans Rd Reserve: Oval rehabilitation; new cricket nets; new netball courts; upgrade to soccer pitches
- Grant funding to fully restore the McCrae Lighthouse
- All Abilities Beach Access Mobi Matting
- Construction of Footpaths in Dromana, McCrae, Rosebud, Capel Sound & Tootgarook and inclusion of others in MPS Footpath & Pedestrian Network Strategy.
- Plans to Build a new public toilet in Safety Beach Victoria St.
- Plans for Drainage & road reconstruction Broadway, Capel Sound
- Reduction in Bathing Box License Fees
Mornington Peninsula Shire Council Elections 2020 –
Seawinds Ward results
A sincere thank you to the wonderful community of the Seawinds ward who voted in support of my re-election to retain my seat as Councillor for the Seawinds Ward. I feel very honoured and privileged to return as your Councillor for the Seawinds Ward and the Shire.
With your strong support, I returned a 24.34% on the primary vote and because of this result I stand here thankful, proud and empowered to serve another term.
I also congratulate my fellow Crs elected to the Seawinds Ward Cr Debra Mar and Cr Kerri McCafferty.
I look forward to serving this community on issues that are important to you.
For Mornington Peninsula Shire 2020 Election results: https://www.vec.vic.gov.au/results/2020-council-election-results/mornington-peninsula-shire-council
For a detailed spreadsheet on the Seawinds Ward results:https://itsitecoreblobvecprd.blob.core.windows.net/public-files/Council/Reports/MorningtonPeninsulaSeawindsWard2020Distribution.xls
Mornington Peninsula Shire Media Release on Elected Council:
Antonella is an Independent and not a member of a political party.
She works with members of State and Federal Parliament who are interested in ways to invest
and achieve the best results for the people of the Mornington Peninsula.