|Posted by antonellaceli on May 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM|
Performing Art Forum on Saturday 10 am – 4pm, July 6, 2013
The Southern Peninsula has a vibrant and happening arts, music and theatre culture. To keep this culture thriving on the Southern Peninsula the Shire is inviting all interested arts, music and groups and invidiuals to attend a Performing Art Forum on Saturday 10 am – 4pm, July 6, 2013
Your input to this forum is important to help shape the future of Performing Art & Culture on the Southern Peninsula.
For further information and to get involved please contact Anthea Mackenzie on 5986 8204 or email@example.com.
|Posted by antonellaceli on January 16, 2013 at 11:40 PM|
Applications are now open to apply for VicHealth "MOTION" Art program for grants up to $70K. Grant applications close Thursday, 21st February at 2.00pm. Good Luck..
The VicHealth MOTION Grant funds initiatives and programs that promote community involvement in creative, physical and healthy activity lnked with the Arts.
To find out more about the program and apply for the grant click on this link:
Take a look at the other projects funded in 2011-2012 including the Flashmobs Project which was that was run in Nillumbik - 52 Flashmobs in 52 weeks:
|Posted by antonellaceli on November 26, 2012 at 6:55 AM|
A wooden sculpture has been installed in Rosebud in honour of Mr Fred James Gregory - a prominent community leader who modelled "service above self" for his contribution to the Mornington Peninsula Community - in particular for Rosebud. The wooden sculpture was created by Fred's son Drew Gregory and the family gathered to launch the sculpture to commemorate Mr Gregory's numerous community achievements. Mr Gregory was a Chemist who lived in Rosebud from 1949 and over his lifetime he served on over 40 community clubs and organisations including:
* SOUTHERN PENINSULA HOSPITAL COMMITTEE (11 YEARS) 1955 – 61
* PHARMACY GUILD OF VICTORIA (Vic. Branch) Treasurer 1939 – 44
* ROSEBUD URBAN FIRE BRIGADE Member 1950 – 57
* ROSEBUD FOOTBALL CLUB Committee member 1950 – 51
* ROSEBUD GOLF CLUB Committee member in its inaugural year
* AMATEUR ATHLETICS Member of East Melbourne Harriers 1930 -- 50 Active as committee member of Rosebud Amateur Athletic Club in its formation.
* ROSEBUD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Foundation Member 1950 --57
* ROSEBUD AND DISTRICT CITIZENS’ LEAGUE (22 years) 1950 --72 Active in revitalizing same in 1976
* ROSEBUD MEMORIAL HALL COMMITTEE (21 YEARS) 1955 – 76
* ROSEBUD COMBINED CARNIVAL COMMITTEE (22 YEARS) Member 1954 –76
* ROSEBUD HIGH SCHOOL Member in initial year of first Advisory Council
* SOUTHERN PENINSULA PLAYERS Foundation (1952) and Life Member President 10 yrs.
* COMMISSIONER FOR TAKING OATHS AND AFFIDAVITS
* JUSTICE OF THE PEACE 1970 – 76
* ROTARY CLUB OF ROSEBUD (2 7years) Charter Member 1955 President 1960 – 61
Communities are built upon the legacies left behind by community serving members such as Mr Fred Gregory..
|Posted by antonellaceli on October 10, 2012 at 9:10 AM|
Congratulations to the 3940Arts Women's Art Program who has received $3000 towards the "my body, my home" project. A program that encourages social gathering and friendships amongst women in the community who are experiencing social isolation or disadvantage. "Promoting community safety, health and Wellbeing initiatives"