Councillor Antonella Celi
|Posted by antonellaceli on November 26, 2012 at 6:55 AM|
A wooden sculpture has been installed in Rosebud in honour of Mr Fred James Gregory - a prominent community leader who modelled "service above self" for his contribution to the Mornington Peninsula Community - in particular for Rosebud. The wooden sculpture was created by Fred's son Drew Gregory and the family gathered to launch the sculpture to commemorate Mr Gregory's numerous community achievements. Mr Gregory was a Chemist who lived in Rosebud from 1949 and over his lifetime he served on over 40 community clubs and organisations including:
* SOUTHERN PENINSULA HOSPITAL COMMITTEE (11 YEARS) 1955 – 61
* PHARMACY GUILD OF VICTORIA (Vic. Branch) Treasurer 1939 – 44
* ROSEBUD URBAN FIRE BRIGADE Member 1950 – 57
* ROSEBUD FOOTBALL CLUB Committee member 1950 – 51
* ROSEBUD GOLF CLUB Committee member in its inaugural year
* AMATEUR ATHLETICS Member of East Melbourne Harriers 1930 -- 50 Active as committee member of Rosebud Amateur Athletic Club in its formation.
* ROSEBUD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE Foundation Member 1950 --57
* ROSEBUD AND DISTRICT CITIZENS’ LEAGUE (22 years) 1950 --72 Active in revitalizing same in 1976
* ROSEBUD MEMORIAL HALL COMMITTEE (21 YEARS) 1955 – 76
* ROSEBUD COMBINED CARNIVAL COMMITTEE (22 YEARS) Member 1954 –76
* ROSEBUD HIGH SCHOOL Member in initial year of first Advisory Council
* SOUTHERN PENINSULA PLAYERS Foundation (1952) and Life Member President 10 yrs.
* COMMISSIONER FOR TAKING OATHS AND AFFIDAVITS
* JUSTICE OF THE PEACE 1970 – 76
* ROTARY CLUB OF ROSEBUD (2 7years) Charter Member 1955 President 1960 – 61
Communities are built upon the legacies left behind by community serving members such as Mr Fred Gregory..