Councillor Antonella Celi
Seawinds Ward - Mornington Peninsula Shire
Water Act Review - Community Feedback neeeded
|Posted by antonellaceli on December 17, 2012 at 6:35 PM|
Tuning into the MAV Water Act Review via Webcast so I can listen in onThe Water Law Review Forum. An opportunity to get an overview of the Water Law review, discuss the key issues being considered and provide an opportunity for comment on any other issues associated with Victoria's water legislation.
Why do we need a Water Law Review?
The Government is carrying out a comprehensive review of Victoria’s water laws to deliver a streamlined and effective legislative framework for water management and use in Victoria. Especially as it relates to the Murray-Darling Water Basin Plan.
Community comment: Community and Stakeholder Feedback will be accepted up until 21/12/12
Input and feedback from key stakeholders are a key part of the review. This will ensure the amended Act best reflects the needs of our urban and regional communities and irrigators.
The Water Law Advisory Panel will identify proposed improvements to the legislation which it will test with key stakeholders at targeted forums across the state in late 2012.
The community and stakeholders are welcome to provide comment on key aspects of the review by Friday 21 December 2012.
Please email any comments on the review to [email protected].
Categories: Environment, Government, Have Your Say!
- Advocacy - Asking for what we want (20)
- Election 2020 Candidate Alerts (32)
- Arts & Culture (5)
- Animals and Wildlife on the Peninsula (4)
- Business (6)
- Environment (17)
- Education, Training and Employment (4)
- Government (65)
- Have Your Say! (26)
- Health & Wellbeing (15)
- Indigenous, Spiritual & Religious (1)
- For Women & Young Girls (3)
- For Men and Young Men (1)
- Men, Women, Children & Families (5)
- Planning (16)
- Plans, Policies and Strategies (9)
- Public Safety, Law & Order (9)
- Senior People on the Mornington Peninsula (5)
- Sports & Recreation (6)
- Tourism (3)
- Waste Management & Recyling (13)
- Young People on the Mornington Peninsula (4)
- Capel Sound Community (8)
- Rosebud/McCrae Community (3)
- Property on the Mornington Peninsula (0)
- Dromana/Safety Beach/Mt Martha Community (2)
- Rates, Fees, Charges (6)
- News and Press Releases (8)
- Grants and Funding (4)
- Parliamentary Inquiries and Bills (1)
- Not for Profit Organisations (2)
- Community Awareness (2)
- Disability (2)
- Transport (2)
- Publications & Media Releases (2)
- Events on the Peninsula (4)
- Council Meetings (1)
- Capital Works and Projects Seawinds Ward (1)
- Green Wedge (1)
- Agriculture & Farm Gates (2)
- Volunteer Organisations (2)