Councillor Antonella Celi
|Posted by antonellaceli on April 6, 2021 at 8:20 AM|
The Waste Contamination Policy has been adopted by Council.
It's as just as much about education and doing the right thing when it comes to recycling than it is about just being fined for putting a single plastic wrap in the wrong bin.
Seriously there are some people out there that just keep doing the wrong thing and contaminating the recycling bin with things that just aren't meant to go in there... hazardous materials, paints, chemicals, car parts, the wrong kind of plastic and all sorts of other contaminants.
If one recycle bin is grossly contaminated in the street then it contaminates the whole load in the truck and this costs ratepayers up to $600,000 of wasted money that could be better spent else where like on a new playground, toilet block, paths, etc.
So let's do the right thing and Recycle Right..
If you're not sure what can be recycled?
Check out our recycling guide at mornpen.vic.gov.au/wasteguide and recycling.vic.gov.au
Click on the link to find out more about:
* The Waste Contamination Policy
* What if you mistakenly put the wrong thing into my recycling bin?
* How will you know if there is contamination?
* Learn more about the Bin Inspection Program
* When will a bin NOT be emptied?
* Will I receive a contamination fine?
* Working with Shire Officers to identify and correct containation
* What if someone else was responsible for the contamination?
Categories: Waste Management & Recyling