Councillor Antonella Celi
|Posted by antonellaceli on May 4, 2021 at 11:05 PM|
A planning application has been received by the Shire for 37 McCombe Street, Rosebud - Rosebud Plaza site. for:
- building works,
- sale of liquor,
- vegetation removal and
- alteration of access to a road zone Project Cost: $9.346M
What is it all about?
Rosebud Plaza Management has made an application to demolish the building where Woolworths currently is and relocate it to Target section at Rosebud Plaza. Target will be vacating the centre.
A new building will be built to replace the old Woolworths building with a plan to establish a Dan Murphy's store and change the entry and exit access onto Nepean Highway, Rosebud.
How does the planning application work?
As this site already has an existing Development Plan Overlay (DPO) that identifies areas which show the form and conditions of future use and development through an already approved permit, planning law says that there is
- no requirement to advertise
- no requirement to give formal public notice; of the application
- no third party rights of review or appeal to VCAT i.e. no formal objections or appeal to the planning application can be received on the application to inform the decision making process.
With a DPO over the site, the Planning Officers role is to assess the application on its merits to ensure that the built form and changes on the site keep in line with the DPO and the already approved permit conditions that have been applied across the whole site many years ago.
Where to for community feedback/questions?
- More information and updates about the application is available at the link:https://epeninsula.mornpen.vic.gov.au/P1PRPROD/P1/eTrack/eTrackApplicationDetails.aspx?r=P1.WEBGUEST&f=%24P1.ETR.APPDET.VIW&ApplicationId=P21%2f0264
- Conttact Rosebud Plaza Management: Phone: 03 4435 0100 email: [email protected]
- Contact the Principal Planner at the Shire for more information Email: [email protected] Phone: 03 5950 1000 or 1300 850 600